Before you delve into the reasons, why you should practice Pranayama daily, you ought to know what it is. It is basically the mastery of the life force. ‘Prana’ is the life’s energy and ‘Ayama’ is the practice of drawing out the same, for the enlightenment. It mainly concentrates on correct breathing patterns. The Pranayama Yoga Teacher Training will teach you just that.
How Should You Do It?
- You should practice Pranayama in a cool and well-ventilated space.
- Morning and evening time is ideal.
- You should practice for at least 15 minutes.
- Practice it at the same place and time, every day.
- You should do your daily Pranayama practice empty stomach.
- The place should be free from distractions.
Types of Pranayama
You will come across a variety of Pranayama techniques. Some of the most important ones are listed below:
- Nadi Shodhana
- Ujjayi Pranayama
- Bhramari Pranayama
- Shitali Pranayama
- Shitkari Pranayama
- Surya Bheda Pranayama
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Kumbhaka Pranayama
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Bhastrika Pranayama
Each one of these have different effects on the human mind, body, and soul. You will be amazed to know, that the list is not exhaustive. The Meditation Yoga Teacher Training includes different types of breathwork, or Pranayama. Now, we will tell you why you should practice it.
Reasons to Practice Pranayama Everyday
- Purification – You will be happy to know, that Pranayama has the power to purify at least 80,000 nerves in the body. It mainly manages the flow of energy within the body. If you practice Pranayama every day, it will lead to an improvement in the nervous system as a whole. That is the sole reason, why many health practitioners ask patients to practice Pranayama on a daily basis.
- Meditation – If you are undergoing meditation yoga teacher training, you will also be able to understand the meditative aspects of the breathing practice. It is a meditation technique that can affect the mind as well as the physical body, in a positive manner. During the practice, oxygen seeps into all the cells of the body. Therefore, the level and quantity of oxygenated blood in the body increases manifold. It can also balance the digestive system, and increases your vitality.
- Mental health – The mental health condition also improves as you continue your practice. It works mainly by increasing your focus and concentration. The mind also experiences stress relief. Additionally, it also increases the supply of oxygen. Alternate nostril breathing is one of the best therapeutic ways to improve your mental health. You can also opt for the Pranayama Yoga Teacher Training at Prashmana Yoga School. It will benefit you immensely.
- High Blood Pressure – Anyone suffering from high blood pressure will also get help, by practicing Pranayama on a regular basis. It generally helps in keeping spikes in blood pressure under control. Along with it, you also get relief from diabetes and cholesterol.
- Increases life span – Have you ever wondered, how and why sages live so long? Why do tortoises live so long? It is due to the speed of breathing. If you can practice a slower breathing rate, you can live long. It also helps you to stay ageless.
- Weight Loss – Kapalbhati Pranayama is great for weight loss. The reason being that, wight loss is directly connected with your metabolic rate and gut health. The faster your digestion process, the better it is for your fitness levels. If you practice Pranayama correctly, it affects your digestion rate and promotes blood circulation. Thus, you can lose weight in the process.
- Lung function – When you practice Pranayama, your lungs expand to their complete capacity. Thus, oxygen is able to seep into the deepest parts of the body. It also refreshes and purifies the alveoli, which are the individual lung units. Therefore, the respiratory organs get a healthy boost. You may also get relief from problems such as Asthma and Bronchitis.
These are the main reasons, why you should practice Pranayama every day. You can attend the course on meditative breathworks under a renowned guru in the foothills of the Himalayas. The Prashmana Yoga School is one of the best schools, where you can master Meditation Yoga Teacher Training and spread the message among your disciples, too.